Translate

Where is the public restroom in Paris? Look at the map.


Просмотреть увеличенную карту
There are indeed public toilets in SOME Metro/RER stations...but even knowing which stations may still not be enough, when trying to actually locate them within the stations. A 'specialty' web site you might want to browse through is BATHROOM DIARIES, whaich has perhaps more information on public toilets than anyone really needs to know, nevertheless, you can Copy & Paste, create and print-out your own Paris Public Toilets list to carry with you-- http://www.thebathroomdiaries.com/
Why do you want to go to the toilets in a metro station??? There are a lot of free public toilets at street level, far better! They are all free since 2006; here is a map of free public toilets per arrondissement: http://www.paris.pause-pipi.fr/
I had this same question a few days ago and got some great answers. Bought for $3.00 online the recommende3d Paris-Pause e-book listing the street toilets. Thanks! Having lived in SF for 10 years they also have the (pay) toilets and I can't remember how exaactly they work but they are great. Upon leaving them the door shuts and everything retracts back into the wall and is hosed down, sanitized and blown dry. There was a 15 minute time limit though and then the door will (or used to) pop open so don't dawdle. Also you were not able to have more than 1 person in there at a time since the floors had sensors and the door would not shut if more than one person was present (to prevent drug deals, sex, etc.) How great is that, Paris has made them free. In SF they handed out token for homeless people to use them. Everybody else I think they were a quarter.
I was in Paris last October. I went into Cafes, Bistos etc to use the bathrooms. I always picked really busy places with tons of people outside and went inside and asked in a very polite manner where the toilet was. No one ever refused me. No problems. My husband has to use the bathroom every 10 mins seems to me. Anyway,everyone of those street sanisettes were "out of order" except one, at least where we went! The idea of spraying down urine (and other things)so it can go everywhere really is too much for me to take. I went to the bathroom at Gare St. Lazare and it was a real eye opener for me. Boy, now I do appreciate finding a semi decent washroom. Men are so lucky!! Try holding up the bottoms of your pants so they don't get soaked, while doing a balancing act so not to touch anything. Just be polite and hit the busy outdoor cafes.

No comments:

Post a Comment